Call for Participants: Refugee Women's Post-Migration Needs in CanadaMonday, February 9 2015
My name is Jessica Silva and I am a graduate student at the University of Ottawa conducting my thesis on refugee women's experiences with sexual violence and their post-migration needs in Canada.
Currently, I am conducting 90 minute interviews with refugee women in both Ottawa and Toronto. All refugee women will receive a 25 CAD honorarium to thank them for their time. Please see below for the eligibility criteria.
- Are a woman age 18 years of age or older
- Have arrived in Canada on/ after January 1, 2009
- Have experienced sexual violence prior to arriving in Canada (e.g. rape, sexual exploitation, forced prostitution, sexual abuse)
- Currently live in [greater Ottawa/greater Toronto]
- Have immigrated to Canada as either a Government Assisted Refugee (GARs), Privately- Sponsored Refugee (PSR) or a Landed- In Canada refugee (LCRs)
- Are sufficiently fluent in English to do an in-depth interview
This study has received ethics approval from the Office of Research Ethics and Integrity at the University of Ottawa in Canada (FILE # H02-14-07). If you have any questions regarding the ethical conduct of this study, you may contact the Protocol Officer for Ethics in Research, University of Ottawa at Tel.: (613) 562-5387 or via Email: email@example.com.
Thank you again for your time and I would greatly appreciate your help in recruiting any refugee women that may be interested in participating. Please feel free to contact me should you have any additional questions or concerns.