Call for participation - Safe City CommitteeThursday, March 19 2015
Please indicate interest by March 23, 2015
METRAC is convening a Toronto Safe City Committee to identify safety changes and initiatives to prevent and reduce violence against vulnerable populations at high risk of physical and sexual violence in the city. This committee will serve as a voice to help Toronto leaders, decision-makers, planners, law enforcement and service providers understand diverse communities’ crime prevention and safety needs, and the most appropriate ways of addressing them.
The committee will be selected based on the following considerations:
- an interest in mobilizing on issues of gender-based violence;
- geographic representation, diversity of age, and cultural origin with racialized community representation and gender balance;
- representation from organizations serving survivors of violence, women’s shelters, those committed to civic engagement, equity-seeking groups, community-led and place-based community serving organizations, youth groups, employment agencies, health agencies, law enforcement, city staff; community safety initiatives, urban planners and academics;
- availability to commit to a regular meeting schedule.
If you are interested in joining this committee, please respond to the following questions:
1. Please list your name, email, and phone number.
2. Why do you want to be a part of the Safe City Committee, and what skills, knowledge or experience (work, volunteer and/or lived) would you bring to this committee? (max. 300 words)
3. Please provide a copy of your résumé or biography.
4. If applicable, please list any special needs or accommodations.
Please forward any applications or questions to Anoodth Naushan, Community Safety Coordinator, METRAC Action on Violence