Electronic Publication of Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary Journal, Vol. 3, No. 2Monday, July 26 2010
The publishers are delighted to announce the electronic publication of a new issue of Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary Journal. The issue can be accessed at http://www.utoronto.ca/wjudaism/journal/journal_index1.html
- "Changes in the Social Status of Urban Jewish Women in Iraq as the Nineteenth Century Turned," by Shaul Sehayek. Translated from the Hebrew by Dina Ripsman Eylon and Dalia Maishlish.
- "'The Defense Has Become the Prosecution:' Ezrat HaNashim, a Thirteenth-century Response to Misogyny," by Jill Jacobs.
- "Ronit Matalon's Ethnic Masterpiece," by Dvir Abramovich.
- "A Mystery on the Tombstones: 'Women's Commandments' in Early-Modern Askenazi Culture," by Evyatar Marienberg.
- Book Reviews by Amia Lieblich, Robyn Sassen, Elaine Margolin and Frances Frommer.