Women's Voices Festival Changes Direction for 2003-2004 SeasonWednesday, July 28 2010
Women's Voices Festival Changes Direction for 2003-2004 Season
The Women's Voices Festival is a not-for-profit outdoor festival created by women, entirely for women that, through the efforts of volunteer energy, promotes, celebrates and inspires the music, art, culture and commerce of all women in a safe and accessible environment.
Please feel free to share this Musical Note with your women friends! To subscribe, sign up on line at www.womensvoices.on.ca. To unsubscribe, please send a message to email@example.com and provide your name and email address.
The Women's Voices Festival would like to make you aware of a shift in our focus for the coming year. We will not be producing a weekend festival in July 2004. Instead, we will be offering a series of live music and other special events (for details, see below) and we have established the following initiatives as priorities for the 2003-2004 Festival year:
- To increase our visibility and professional presence as an arts organization within the larger community.
- To focus on building strong partnerships with both business and community-based organizations.
- To expand our revenue generation efforts in the areas of individual and corporate fundraising, sponsorship and grants to achieve the following financial goals: recoup a revenue shortfall carried forward from previous years AND generate revenues towards our operating budget for 2005. We have applied for charitable status under the Income Tax Act and we anticipate success with this in the near future.
We approach the above stated challenges after careful deliberation, and with pride and dedication. We are frankly excited by this opportunity to take a breather, re-group our energy, build our financial credibility, and enable a fresh start to this 'unique in Canada' women-centred special event.
WVF started in 1997 as a grassroots, community-based festival, created by women for women, in support of the 'voices of women' in music, comedy and art. WVF incorporated as not-for-profit in 2000 and we continue to be fuelled entirely by volunteer energy.
We would like to take this opportunity to offer a great big thank you to all of our dedicated volunteers, artists, craftswomen, enthusiastic participants, and loyal supporters from the business and professional communities.
We would also like to invite all of you to continue to participate and support Women's Voices Events through the year as we look forward to a fresh start and a grand return of the Women's Voices Festival weekend in July 2005!
WVF UPCOMING EVENTS
- November 23, 2003 Michaela Foster Marsh at the 4th Stage with special guest Peggy White
- March 5, 6 & 7, 2004 Celebrate International Women's Week with Women's Voices at the 4th Stage! Laura Smith & Friends are back as 'Brava!' and The Ottawa Fringe Theatre Festival hit "Clean Irene and Dirty Maxine" returns to Ottawa.
- June 2004 Play Golf! And Dine and Dance! One of our best-loved annual events returns this spring (details to be announced).
Stay up to date! www.womensvoices.on.ca
If you would like to co-host or sponsor a fundraising event in your community, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events update: 237-XTRA ext.2099
For media inquiries contact: Marika Jemma, Media Relations at: 728-2755
All other inquiries refer to website, write to address above or email us at: email@example.com
If you have additional information, news and events you would like to share with this growing list of women interested in WVF, please pass it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Festival reserves the right to edit for content and appropriateness.